GeForce Ti 200 Dying. Looking For a New Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

The fan on my asus GeForce 3 Ti 200 just died. :hotbounce I currently have it underclocked and it is running OK for now. I would like to get my PC gamable again.

I currently have:
Athlon XP 1800+
512MB RAM (Don't recall the brand)

I was looking at replacing the fan on my current card, but at $50 (Cdn) I thought a cheap new card might actually perform better.

I would prefer an nVidia card, but I would go with any brand recommendation. I would like a card that performs at least as well as my current one. I just want an intrim card to tide me over until I start building my new system. It looks like AGP is out and PCIE is in.

The problem is that since it's so old I can't find any reliable comparisons. I was thinking along the lines of the GeForce FX 5200. I have heard not good things in comparison to my card, but I'm not sure.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A 128 bit 5200 is a good card. Its a little better than the Ti 200.
Stay away from any 64 bit card. Their performance is horrible and not worth the money you'd save. If you can afford it Id go with a 5500 though.

Thanks for the quick response. I just noticed that futureshop has the ATI AIW 9600XT on sale for $200 for boxing day. I can't turn it down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back