GeForce or ATI

• GeForce 7800GTX

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • ATI X1800X

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just like nvidia more......a bad early ATI experience turned me off...but I guess I am missing out on the crossfire

I'd go with x1900 xtx right now if I had the cash. The 7800 is still a nice card. Probably the best bang for your buck would be the nvidia 6800 gs with the potential to unlock all the pipes on the agp version.

For me I choose the best card at the time. Currently, that X1900XTX is looking pretty sweet, despite the fact that there are just too many "x"s in the name.

But for your vote above, I choose the 7800GTX, since it is better than the X1800XT.

When both companies have a tie, I tend to go with ATI. It's the Canadian blood in me I suppose.

As for me I voted for the 1800XT because I'm an ATI fan, on a side note I also like nvidia because i'm curently getting a 7800GT. The X1900XTX will be the best for '06. That said 7800GTX(512) is not a video card... its just a weapon to hit people with.>>>>BIG>>>) \m/^_^\m/

LipsOfVenom said:
i just like nvidia more......a bad early ATI experience turned me off...but I guess I am missing out on the crossfire
I know what you mean there I would say ATI because I had a bad experience with an Nvidia card in the past. This argument really does come down to preference. Both companies are putting out killer products.

The poll is even 50/50 that's kinda what I thought would happen. I use both and I really don't have a problem with either. Am I going out on a limb thinking that ATI has an edge in the developing end of the spectrum?

I would agree with that but at the same time someone could come up here and say the same thing about nVidia. Like I said just come down to preference use what you like.

I don't think people are stupid for using nVidia cards. The people I have a problem with are the fanboys that think that nVidia or ATI are the best cards out there and won't listen to reason or look at the benches that would show that one particular card is better then this one and this is why.

Parents don't let your kids grow up to be fanboys!

Yes this is true, unfortunately they are the industry heavy hitters (like it or not) for the vast majority of consumers out there IMO. Other cards don't seem to get the press at street level, therefore most, not all, will opt for the most familiar when buying a new card. It really does pay to shop around and research components of all types, although it's just not practical for many buyers who just want a decent computer for reasonable cash. Dell anyone?
Not everyone is cut out to be a geek. Too bad for them.... :D

I'm on an ATI streak right now after getting off a troublesome nVidia experience. But ATI does have some odd driver issues. I like nVidia's chipsets right now. So I would pick the ATI even if the nVidia has the edge.

Who notices the difference between driving 78mph and 79mph?

NV all the way after some painfull issues with ATI chipsets. Currently the owner of a 6800GT and proud of it.

On the general, NVidia cards perform better and are more compatible in linux environments than ATI ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back