GeForce4 FX5200 250MB Problem, Please Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcdrummaster

Hi,
I have a problem with my GeForce4 FX5200 250MB graphics card, when i try to play any game eg. Stronghold 2, The Movies or Stubbs The Zombie, the graphics are unrecognizable most the time at game startup, when u actually play them,well, you cant cause you cant see anything. What have i done wrong? I've Installed numerous drivers from the nvidia site and from the cd i got with the card and nothing has helped. Thing is everything seems fine when i'm not trying to play games, apart from i cant change my screen resolution to anything above 1024 * 768 pixels.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, kelv

time to update?

I'm not sure you're card can handle the newer games - especially if they're using shader technology. Going to higher resolutions can be restricted by the monitor range (esp. when linked to frequency).

You say that you've installed numerous drivers but you're not supposed to, only one. Use a registry cleaner to clean your registry, scan for viruses and adware, delete all your drivers, run a disk defragment, then a disk cleanup, restart your computer, download the latest drivers, restart you're computer and it should be smooth sailing from there. If you want better speed and graphics, let me recommend some cards.

If you're on a deep budget, get the FX5700VE, it has a core clock of 425MHz, a memory clock of 400Mhz and 256MB 128-bit memory.(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133136)

If you have the money (It ain't much) get the eVGA 7800GS(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130264, it has a core clock of 400Mhz, a memory clock of 1100Mhz and 256MB of 256-bit memory. The 7800GS will probably bottlenecked by your CPU and this might too. You might want to get 1GB RAM if you don't already have. If your motherboard can't handle 1GB then get 512MB or higher depending on how much your motherboard can handle. If possible, also upgrade your processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back