Geforce4 mx440 VS Geforce3 ti200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easily the GeForce3 Ti 200 - The GeForce 4's use the same basic architecture and chipset as the GeForce2 MX.

I would take the GeForce 3 ti 200

The Geforce 3 ti 200 is faster than the Geforce 4 MX 440, and it has those nice directx 8 features that will come in handy when Unreal 2 comes out around Mayish and Doom 3 comes out......err when its done. :)

Whoops.

I think I got lost in the graph. I still see the GF4 MX 460 beating the Gf2 ti200 though. I do believe the lack of DX8x support kind of hurts the GF4 MX.

What a bad scenario for Nvidia. They're next-gen video card (albeit their budget one) is being beaten by their previous chip's budget board (not quite...the Ti 200 wasn't much worse than the 500)

The MX4 has faster Ram & makes very good use of it with Light Speed Memory Architecture II, but it doesn't have any DX8 functions (It's not like many games use it so far, besides Aquanox I can't find any other one :blackeye: ).

If you stick to DX7 games you might as well go with it.

It has a lot going for it ( TwinView, 100% hardware DVD decoding, AcuviewAA, etc...)

I would rather wait for a GF4TI420 myself but then again my TI200 is working well so far ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back