Geforce4 ramsinks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vassil3427

Question about Ramsinks

I've happily had my PNY Geforce 4 Ti4200 64mb card for a couple months now, but i've been wandering about something, i notice on my GF4 Ti4200 it has Ramsinks on the memory, yet on the better more expensive models (Ti4400, Ti4600) (PNY Brand) They dont have Ramsinks on the memory, is this because they are using cheaper, slower memory on mine and it gets warmer because it is being pushed to the max? Or is it simply something they thought to put on it yet not the other models? I would think they would have it on all the TI's but they only have the ramsinks on the Ti4200's (remember I'm only referring to PNY brand, i dont know if any other manufacturers have done this...) So if anyone could give an answer to my curiosity I would be happy.. thanks!:grinthumb

The higher end models do not have ram sinks because they use BGA ( Ball Grid Array ) memory chips. They are smaller & produce less heat.

Some companies such as Gainward & ASUSstill put ram sinks on the high end model, trying to please the overclocking crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back