GeForce4 Sticking In Infanite Loop

By Kinesis
Jun 7, 2003
  1. My GeForce4, when i enable it, seems to get stuck in "an infanite loop" or so it sometimes tells me, i've been working on this problem for about half a year and would realy appreciate some help

I have un-installed and re-installed drivers countless times and it doesn't work, the only thing i have not tried is putting it into another slot in my Motherboard though i doubt this will do any good but willing to try if suggested

It also mentions that the problem is caused by a file called "NV4_disp", would replacing this file with one from someone else's pc with the same model card work?

Please Help, Yours Sincearly, Kinesis
  2. Greeno

Greeno TS Rookie Posts: 281

search the forum, its certainly not a new problem and you're not alone, there has been alot said/done about this in the forum
  3. Kinesis

Kinesis TS Rookie Topic Starter

I found some sites on it, it's not my GeForce thats the problem it windows Xp, and it's just having major problems with the graphics problem, it's completely random and it just means i need to go down to 98 or 2000, i don't mind much though
  4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

Yep this has been done many times here, below are examples.
    Then here are a couple others:
    Eliminating the nVidia Infinite Loop error (TI500)
    Upgraded from PCI Voodoo 3 to AGP GeForce 2 and PC now locks up
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.