GeForce5 Ti 6000???

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychoff

Just saw this over at [H]ardOCP. They say that it came from a "reliable source".

Opinion: I think it's a bunch of lies. I mean, first off, why the hell would somebody want such a monster (like it'll fit in your case)? Secondly, i'm pretty sure Abit is NOT one of nVidia's main partners and it would make much more sense if the card was jointly developed with Visiontek just like the GF4. AND if you check out the 3Dmark results image, you'll surely notice something way odd. Pentium 6??? Where the hell does someone with access to such technology exist? I could understand someone could be a real nVidia insider but having access to such products all at the same time is a little hard to believe. And last off, my knowledge tells me that so far the 28.32 drivers don't have support for anything better than a GF4 4600. Keep in mind that to make a dual-procesor video card work there have to be driver enhancements for both processors to work well.

Just my thoughts :)

I think it's a load of ****
I wonder if its fake, notice the 54014 3DMarks! And the Intel Pentium 6 4859mhz CPU:rolleyes:
I know your new to the site, but im sure your aware of the strict language rules that are in place so u might wanna change that, and perhaps be mindful of what language u use in future posts!
...I had the same problem when i first joined, and i got a number of warnings but i have sinced changed, and it has been worth it, as this forum is by far the best i know of! And i have learnt a great deal from this site, which im sure you will want to do also!

Although having that card would be nice, and im pretty sure i wouldnt have any problems with frame rates, But i think there may be a problem with storage;)

Laters

Cucumber

Nice Hoax

1. Mobo is based on i850 chipset - yet look at FSB = 150, a P4 is quad pumped so P6 must be even more pumped so FSB must be at least 600Mhz - on an i850 chipset doubt it

2. Card is not AGP 8x which all new cards will be, starting from the SiS Xabre, Geforce 5 definitely will be

3. 28.32 Drivers are current, and do not include GF5 Support or hardware definitions. New drivers would need to be released.

4. 512Mb of memory why?

5. 54014 3dmarks - looks like the use of a speedhack program. (I have tried this with 2000 and it does this.)

6. Pentium 6 has not even been announced

7. Pentium 6 4859Mhz - don't think intel would release such a "random" speed processor 4.8Ghz or 4.9Ghz maybe

8. Pentium 4 will scale lots more yet, so P 5 will hit at least 5Ghz. P6 would need to hit 6Ghz or more

9. Fans on card are not level. i.e. could be a Photoshop edit

10. looks like 2 GF4s i.e. Photoshop

11. Image is on tiled background - as above

12. GF5Ti6000 sounds strangely like Voodoo5 6000 a 4 chip gfx card.

Don't get me wrong though, if anyone would like to send me one I will make use of it :D :D :D

Geforce 5 will also have integrated Glide support BTW

Sorry if you think the language was strong, I'm not used to speaking english since my main language is spanish so I didn't know you guys considered that strong language. Anyways another thought:

How would they be able to run this thing and get such nice numbers considering all these products should be in such immature state?

Oh and btw, about Glide I'm not so sure. I think that at this point it's just a rumor and only time will tell. Even if nVidia is consigering including it now they might just drop it considering that the chance of recent games supporting it is VERY low. Besides, they've shown strong support for Direct3D with all the features they've been introducing since GeForce 2. But like I said, only time will tell.

Another reason not to believe these guys:

4859MHz/150MHz=32.39 <-That would be the multiplier. I REALLY don't think any i850 mobo has support for a multiplier even NEAR that and besides, a multiplier with such an ugly decimal?

Psychoff,

Seems another forum posted a 'scoop' on the new ATI cards & it was a hoax. They didn't check their sources & published it as 'fact'. Story (rumor) is that [H]ardocp is poking fun at that 'other' forum by posting this & presenting it 'tongue-in-cheek'.

Kinda lame, if ya ask me, & that is why I like this site: no bs. :cool:

Have a good one,

PS: I'm not insinuating your post is bs: you didn't know it was intended to be a joke.

Welcome to TechSpot forums Psychoff

But I just pre-ordered one of those cards... !!! :confused: ;)

Past information has suggested that the next Nvidia product won't be following on in the Geforce name. So another minor reason for not believing that (side from the silly CPU clock etc etc...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back