General Banter/Discussion #1

1. hey everybody:

I thought i would start a new thread about "Anything" anything that people want to talk about go ahead.

Thought it might be interesting to just "talk" about anything for once

....AMD
  2. confused001

confused001 Newcomer, in training Posts: 142

Why do people brag?
  3. AMDIsTheBest010

AMDIsTheBest010 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 546

I dont know, maybe they're bored have nothing else to do?
  4. CrossFire851

CrossFire851 Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,058

Kind of like this thread? lol
  5. Spike

Spike Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,371

OK. Depending on how this goes, we'll make it "General Discussion Thread 1". :p
  6. paranoid guy

paranoid guy Newcomer, in training Posts: 459

7. Peddant

Peddant Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,644

I think this is very relevant too HERE
  8. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +17

Is there an actual point to this thread?

The meeting spot already caters for general discussions. Obviously this is on a subject by subject basis.

I must confess I`m a little confused !!.

Regards Howard :confused: :confused:
  9. Spike

I think it's just a thread for the usual kind of friendly banter and nattering that doesn't really belong in other threads, unless I'm very much mistaken?
  10. confused001

I agree!
    Hey Spike, where's Bridgend?
  11. Spike

12. AMDIsTheBest010

AMDIsTheBest010 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 546

yes, i just made a thread to start discussions about anything
  13. confused001

Now i know!
    Thanks.

== If this is to be a generic banter thread, generic banter belongs here rather than the forums, and specific problems belong in the forums (yours would be the drivers or networking forum) ==

14. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,287   +225

HP comp with WMCE on it sucks, infact WMCE sucks in general, you can't do anythign with the files it creates, nothing will play them outside of windows, and if you don't have MCE you have to get an add on for XP to play them. I copied a file over to OSX and tried to open it with ffmpegx to convert to another format, it recognised the video but couldn't find an audio stream. MCE also will offer to burn to dvd for you, in a real format, but it has to use some wierd Sonic 3rd party (sort of) thing to convert it to a real dvd, also when you attempt to do this it may say its too big to fit 'would you like to compress to fit' so I say yes, but then it says its too big to fit. So so much for compressing to fit I guess. Also a 3.0Ghz pentium d with 1 gig of ram is struggling badly to play video after you've paused live tv, which is insane, with that kind of horse power you'd think it should be able to play that while doing all sorts of other crap.
    I'm going to put sagetv and nero on that comp, at least then I'll be able to do something with it thats worthwile.

Hows that for a whatever post?
  15. Peddant

I would like Tedster to explain to non military types, exactly what his signature means.:)
  16. confused001

What do computer engineers do?
  17. Peddant

Computer engineering is a discipline that combines elements of both electrical engineering and computer science[1]. Computer engineers are electrical engineers that have additional training in the areas of software design and hardware-software integration. In turn, they focus less on power electronics and physics. Computer engineers are involved on all aspects of computing, from the design of individual microprocessors, personal computers, and supercomputers, to circuit design, as well as the integration of computer systems into other kinds of systems.Common computer engineering tasks include writing embedded software for real-time microcontrollers, designing VLSI chips, working with analog sensors, designing mixed signal circuit boards, and designing operating systems.
  18. confused001

What do you do in the field of computer science?
  19. confused001

How the hell did you edit my post?
    And what did you mean? :confused:
  20. howard_hopkinso

Moderators can edit anyones post. We only do this, if we think there`s a good reason to do so.

I`m not sure why Spike edited your post, as I didn`t see it originally, but from his comments, it looks like you posted something that should`ve been posted in the drivers or networking forum. I`m sure Spike will let you know exactly what he meant.

Regards Howard :)
  21. Spike

It was a driver request for an ethernet card :rolleyes: :blush:

To be honest I figured that you'd seen my edit at the time - just trying to maintain order before it all fell apart. Each thing to its own place. Something just isn't right with specificity in a generic thread. lol :)

Seriously though, specific computer issues is what the rest of the boards are for. This is a generic thread in the general discussion board.

To those ends, I would like to wish everybody a good morning - seems like an ideal thread to do so :D
  22. confused001

Go look at my other post on the network card problem, please.
    How did you do it?
    Please can you tell me?
  23. Spike

It was with my magical mystical mod powers ;)

Honestly though, I merely pressed the edit button and used some vB codes for the color. You should see our other tricks! :p :D
  24. howard_hopkinso

When you make a post, you can see an edit button in your post. We mods can see and use the edit button in everyones posts. It really is that simple.

BTW Spike. A very good morning to you too mate.

Regards Howard :)
  25. confused001

Well, I can't just press the edit button on your threads,
    show me some of those magical mystical skills of yours.
    Please

You mean like this?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.