Generic Host Process for Win 32 Services Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatman01923

szAppName : svchost.exe szAppVer : 5.1.2600.2180 szModName : ntdll.dll
szModVer : 5.1.2600.2180 offset : 000165f5 I don't know what that means, but everytime I boot up windows this error comes up, and I just need to know if there is a way to fix this, just tell me what I need and I will do it, but I am going to bed right now, so I will get back to you as soon as I wake up again.

Look in Admin Services at Event Viewer and see what is being flagged RED and reported.

ok here is what all of my red end up being

Faulting application svchost.exe, version 5.1.2600.2180, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000165f5.

Flash Drive error

I have a 1GB Transcend JetFlash V30 and have been using it without any problems until recently.I am running WinXp pro with XP2 which recognized the drive as H:but when i try to open the drive i get "Please insert the disk into drive H" Have i lost everything ? Is the drive no longer functioning ? Can i rectify it back or can i restore it back without loosing any data save on it ? I have no idea how it got this way so kindly help me out.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

Techmaniac: please don't hijack a thread with a new symptom -- create your own
and we will be please to help you :)

None of those work since I do not have my oringinal XP cd

This problem all started when I used the update.exe patch for the PC Game "Sonic R", and I only realized that it wasn't compatible for XP until later... but if there is a way I can reverse my update.exe that would be great.
NEW EDIT: Sorry CCT for being like that, I just did a repair install and everything is back to normal. Also I just want to say thanks, for all your time and effort. Peace Bro.

using a restore point should have worked too, but if it's sorted out, WELL DONE all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back