Generic Host Process Win32 Service error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, about two weeks ago, I lost the sound from my speakers. I could only turn up volume if I went into youtube and adjusted volume there but that would only last for a couple of hours. Figured my system is old, no biggie. Then about a week ago, I could receive mail in outlook express but could not send it. After a lengthy conversation with my service provider he figured it was a software issue. The rest of the day my internet connection was iffy, it would lose connection out of the blue. The next day, I woke the computer from hibernation and got an error that said Generic Host Process for Win32 Services. Then a box would open that said NT authority/system authorized shut down. DCom Server process launcher service teminated unexpectedly and then it would count down and restart the computer. It just kept doing it, so I shut down the computer and took it to a computer repair shop. He had it for about 3 days said he installed bigger memory and cleaned out the computer. He gave it back to me and said it was fixed. So when I hooked it up last night everything was ok. I turned on the computer then connected it to my wired router. Well this morning when I woke the computer from hibernation the process started again. The error doesn't happen if you take out the broadband connection. I am at a loss.
I am running Windows XP on that computer.
I have broadband internet service running through a wired router.
The error is "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services"
error details are:
sz app name: svchost.exe
szappver 5.1.2600.2180
szmond name unknown
szmodver 0.0.0.0
offset 13141a86

technical report:
c;/DOCUM~1/OWNERLOCALS~1/Temp/WERf72b.dir00/svchost.exe.mdmp
c:/DOCUME~1/OWNER/LOCALS~1/Temp/WERf72b.dir00/appcompat.txt

Any and all help would be appreciated. The computer repair guy is leaning towards reinstalling windows, but I really don't want to lose everything (as my cd burner doesn't burn right anymore) this is the kids computer so they don't need the cd burner just internet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back