Generic HP 02 cartridges that work in C-5100 photosmarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

phkhgh

Anyone found some generic / "compatible" HP 02 inkjet cartridges that work correctly in the Photosmart C-5100 (C-5180) or similar printers? Or, had any success refilling OEM HP 02 for these model printers?

Yes, I understand there are HP printers that will use generic HP02 cartridges - not my model.:mad:

I tried a couple different compatible carts a few mo ago. Sellers assured me they'd work fine in MY printer. They didn't... at all.

If answer to 1st question is "NO", are there any current printer models (any brand) that generic carts work correctly with?

Tired of being gouged.

Thanks!

generic ink quality varies greatly - also you may have to clean print heads more often and manually too - but end the end you should save more in ink costs - even with increased cleaning. There really aren't any recommended generic brands, you just have to keep trying until you find some that work for you.

I have bought generic ink off of ebay from various sellers. Some better than others.

Thanks T, but the issue isn't if generic ink is satisfactory.

My issue w/ the Photosmart C-5180 is the OEM HP 02 cartridges (tanks) are "chipped" & communicate w/ the printer. Most generic carts DON'T communicate properly w/ these late model printers (so far). These printers won't even recognize the generic carts or report as damaged, empty, etc., & won't use them.

What I'm asking is if any (decent) generic cart mfgs have now developed their chip technology so these specific printers recognize & properly use the generic carts.

This problem w/ "chipped" carts isn't unique to late model HP printers. Most other printer mfgs use some form of technology to prevent using generic carts.

So, if anyone has other comments / experiences, please let me know. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back