German judge says Nokia should be granted injunction against all HTC devices

By Shawn Knight
Dec 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. A German judge has ruled that Nokia should be granted an injunction against all HTC handsets running Android. Judge Dr. Matthias Zigann of the Munich I Regional Court found the devices to be in violation of a broad patent related...

Read more
  2. yRaz

yRaz TechSpot Booster Posts: 768   +47

As someone who owns a Nokia Lumia, I certainly hope they don't decide to go the apple route with patents. Broad patents are the bane of the tech world. Sure, if it was something specific that HTC decided to use I'd be okay with it. But to me this seems closer to apple trying to patent a rectangle with a touch screen.
    spectrenad and CorvusCorax like this.
  3. Mbloof

Mbloof Newcomer, in training Posts: 51   +6

It should go without saying: if it has been done before or someone else is doing it you'd better check if there's a patent on what they are doing before blindly plowing ahead and playing copy-cat.

Putting aside that many patents ought never of been granted in the first place (a whole different subject) if a companies "IP" is being infringed on they have a right and obligation to protect it.
  4. Or, you could simply pay a license fee to use such technology. Like Apple and others pay Nokia to use some of it's intellectual properties.Gi ve

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.