German regulators call for Google to stop sharing user data between services

By Justin Kahn
May 13, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Google has run into its fair share of problems with European governments surrounding privacy issues and personal data protection. This time the data protection office for the German state of Hamburg is taking up issue with the way Google shares...

Read more
  2. wastedkill

wastedkill TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,111   +225

Germany trying to make you work harder when you could work easier and guess what? They also want you to login EVERYTIME you refresh a page or go to another service like gmail, youtube etc.

Makes me wonder how we get information like this from germany when they in theory should only be allowed to use technology called paper and pen as having stuff easy isn't the german way.
  3. BMfan

BMfan TechSpot Guru Posts: 477   +48

It would be awesome if they get this right.

I don't use or even want to create a google+ account but just to say "Thank you" to a person that uploaded a video on youtube you have to create a google+ account,which I wont do.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,956   +727

If you have any Google account such as Gmail then you automatically have all their services and when you sign into one you automatically sign into them all. Clever eh?
  5. It's not the sharing of information across services that most people care about, it's the arrogance of Google in not asking people's permission first. Like many companies, arrogance could be their downfall eventually.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.