Getting ATI driver to work with Fedora? Help.

By Mugsy
Jul 1, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I'm a Windows tech, and have only in the past year started cutting my teeth on Linux (installed Fedora FC3 on a separate dedicated HDD), so bear with me.

I downloaded and installed the latestet (June 6, iirc) Radeon driver for Linux off the ATI website.

I installed it with no problems and ran (what was it again) "fglrx"-something at the end from the terminal and configured the xorg.config file for my monitor. Everything installed okay and the ATI Control Panel correctly identifies everything, but I get no acceleration (tested by running Tux Racer).

I read something about needing "agpgart" installed, but only the "agpgart.h" source file exists on my PC.

Can anyone direct me to a "step-by-step" for getting the ATI driver working with Fedora?

Also, if I update the kernal, must I uninstall the driver first, and if so, how?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.