Getting Blue Screen Error Message 8E and 0A, not able to recover from recovery disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi every one,

i am having HP Pavallion dv666us with 160 GB SATA hard drive and 1 GB RAM, having 2 operating system Vista (Pre installed) and Xp (installed by me).

i got blue screen error message in xp and then i am not able to load any of operating system, i had tried to recover using recovery manager (f11) and recovery disc created when i got laptop, but nothing seems to work, in every process i am getting blue screen.

I had been chatting with hp support they told me to run BIOS hard drive test utility, i had also done that it shows message (#10000)-->> PASSEd in Quick, SMART and Comprehensive test.

now hp people are asking me to order new recovery CD from them to recover the OS when another hp support person is telling me that My hard drive is gone. The new hard drive would cost me around $459.

what should i do, i called hp poeple they told me, they can support me if i pay $49 for 1 month and $99 for 1 year package of technical support by phone.

can any one suggest me what to do.

i have gone through so many forums and post for this type of problems, all are with HP and Compact PC, also those person says that after spending money for recovery or hard disk problem is not still resolved, so i cant trust on HP persons at all.

i can only say that please dont buy HP laptop's. Once warranty is over they will not support you any more, they directly ask you to buy recovery CD without figure out the issue with laptop.

any one knows the solution,

thanks for reading.

having 2 operating system Vista (Pre installed) and Xp (installed by me). .

recovery disks sometimes are preset to work on a set configuration of partitions, adding changing or removing one or more can cause a recovery to fail, Dell for instance are a good example of this.

When the unit bluescreens you need to post the relevant error codes on here so we can have a better idea of what is going wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back