Getting DDos/Pinged

Hello!
I would need some help by people who are experienced in this matter, I got sent here by a friend who said there are alot of experienced people, im not sure if I made the thread in the right forum section but I give it a go.

my situation:
I am playing a online game, and my enemy got my IP via ventrilo and started to ping me, I changed my IP and never entered it again, I have no contact with this person, no skype, no msn/hotmail or anything at all.
but people have said to me, that its possible if he get my ip once he can get my new ip anytime he want.
so my question would be, is this possible? and what can I do about this, to prevent him from getting my new ip?
please help me guys!
thanks!

First, unless you have been told to allow Respond to Internet Ping, you should disable that feature in your router anyway.
This will not only stop the response, but it will cause a timeout to each ping request, just as if the device were not active.

Second, it would take in-depth knowledge to know one IP address and look for its replacement address later in time
(I can't discuss without giving away the technique).

Solve (1) above and just forget about it :)

imo that's very questionable. Just what makes you believe that a static ip address thwarts a DDOS attack?

Correct me if I'm wrong here but creating a static IP is effectively a new IP address which the DDoSer wouldn't know so he would be safe.

Yes, in that sense you are correct - - it's new and thus would need to be 'discovered'.

Back