Getting Familiar With Blue Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I've been browsing the net to try and figure out why my computer has been crashing with such frequency as of late, it's been getting pretty out of hand. Luckily I came across this site and am hoping someone a little more tech savvy might be able to point me in the right direction.

The crashes seem to happen when multiple functions are being performed, so my hunch says that its a RAM issue, but then again, I don't really know what I'm talking about. :hotouch:

Anyway, Below is the error read-out and an attachment containing the .dmp files from todays crashes. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

BCCode : f4 BCP1 : 00000003 BCP2 : 89938DA0 BCP3 : 89938F14
BCP4 : 805C749A OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

Many Thanks,

0DARK30

Attachments

• Todays Dump.zip
    80.6 KB · Views: 5
All three minidumps point to the stop error 0xF4 which is CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION, particularly cited is crss.exe which is an extremely important driver for Windows and the stability of your PC.

1. The error 0x000000F4 CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION may occur if the hard drive with the operating system is installed is set as the slave or secondary drive.

2. It can mean your harddrive is failing. I suggest doing a harddrive diagnostics. Find the make of your harddrive, google the manufacturer and then utilize their online diagnostics tool.

3. If you havent changed the hard drives, you may want to do some diagnostics on it. Also this from MS Bug Check codes page:

Bug Check 0xF4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
The CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION bug check has a value of 0x000000F4. This indicates that a process or thread Crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

Cause
Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the system. When they are terminated for any reason, the system can no longer function.

It sounds from this that you have some corrupted system files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back