Getting into the bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
im trying to get into my bios and it doesnt come up with the press f8 thing at startup to get into the bios. at startup it comes up with the lanparty ut logo and then straight into loading windows, and what button do i hit at startup without it telling me.

specs-
DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra
amd 3700+
evga 7600gt
2x512 memory
120g hhd
windows xp pro

Hi Menga and welcome to techspot :)

1. pressing F8 during bootup will bring you into the windows safe mode selection screen, not the BIOS

2. most aftermarket motherboards use the DEL key to enter the BIOS. some others use the F2 or F10 or other keys, but try DEL first.

good luck

There should also be some button that lets you see the POST screen rather than the DFI logo, which should tell you what key to press to enter the BIOS.

Charles said:
There should also be some button that lets you see the POST screen rather than the DFI logo, which should tell you what key to press to enter the BIOS.
No that u can do by disabling the Quick Boot option in the BIOS. That would allow the POST screen to come up instead of the DFI logo.

If the del, or F1 or F2, or F10 buttons dont work, then have a look at your mobo manual. If its not there go to the mobo mfgrs website to get the info on how to enter bios.

on my dfi you hit the del key just after the bios beep (at the bottom of the screen it says DEL for setup)
and i beleive there is an option for the logo, small or full screen. something like that

I have the same motherboard, but with expert version. It is one of the most detailed bios in the world. The very second you see the logo click Delete key quickly until you enter BIOS.

EDIT: You already found it.

I'm on it right now by the way :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back