Getting new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, i just introduced myself in the new user part of the forum. I will be putting in a new video card next week. From what i have read i should put in the new card, turn on the computer and install the drivers and windows xp should turn off my integrated video? Or do i have to hit delete when i boot up to turn it off? Thanks for any reply's

Some motherboards will do it automatically, some have a jumper that needs to be set, and some need it to be turned off in the bios. You really need to look in the book that came with your mobo to see what it will do. Before you fit your new card tho, you should remove all of the old graphics drivers and any aplications that run with it.

Hope that helps. Rik.

mikez884 said:
Hi everyone, i just introduced myself in the new user part of the forum. I will be putting in a new video card next week. From what i have read i should put in the new card, turn on the computer and install the drivers and windows xp should turn off my integrated video? Or do i have to hit delete when i boot up to turn it off? Thanks for any reply's

Mike i will agree with aht rik says, u need to check the manual, between what Mother board are u using :)

mikez884 said:

NO when you install your new driver for your video card your integrated graphics will automatically turn off. :wave: :wave:

Sebastian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back