TechSpot

Getting new video card

By mikez884
Jun 14, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone, i just introduced myself in the new user part of the forum. I will be putting in a new video card next week. From what i have read i should put in the new card, turn on the computer and install the drivers and windows xp should turn off my integrated video? Or do i have to hit delete when i boot up to turn it off? Thanks for any reply's
  2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

Some motherboards will do it automatically, some have a jumper that needs to be set, and some need it to be turned off in the bios. You really need to look in the book that came with your mobo to see what it will do. Before you fit your new card tho, you should remove all of the old graphics drivers and any aplications that run with it.

Hope that helps. Rik.
  3. kol_indian

kol_indian TS Rookie Posts: 368

Mike i will agree with aht rik says, u need to check the manual, between what Mother board are u using :)
  4. mikez884

mikez884 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the help!
  5. RamenNoodles

RamenNoodles TS Rookie Posts: 108

what type of video card are you purchasing? and what is your rig like?
  6. compguy

compguy TS Rookie Posts: 162

NO when you install your new driver for your video card your integrated graphics will automatically turn off. :wave: :wave:

Sebastian
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.