Getting Random BSODs. Help very appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm hoping somebody will be able to see what's causing my BSODs. Here is the log:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 000009940000007E
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: FFFFF80002667443
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

There are only two dump files that were in the folder and I tried to attach them, but for some reason I wasn't allowed to. Maybe because they're over 200KB, but I kept getting an error when I was trying to upload them. The error btw, happens when i get to the dump file and double click it to try and upload it, but says I'm not allowed to open the file even though I'm the administrator. =(

So far I've been unsuccessful in running the memtest program on both my 2x2gb sticks, but I have run the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool on both separately with no errors. I've done a system restore to a month back, done a hard drive check, but still no fix.

This error shows up randomly and about 3 times a day. It only started to show up about 4 days ago, yet I hadn't installed any new drivers/software at all. My drivers are all up-to-date as well. In each of the BSODs, I've either been webcamming or watching a video. I have yet to receive it while just surfing the internet or chatting on AIM. I hope this information is enough, and if the dump files are needed, I'd need some help on that since I'm unable to attach it here for some reason. Thanks for all the help. I'll be eternally grateful. =)

-Sean C.

i have a question about my ram slots. i have two slots, with one on top of another. My laptop will successfully turn on when there's a ram stick on the bottom slot, but when i just have one stick on the top slot, my laptop is unable to turn on fully. it turns right off after like 2 seconds. is this supposed to happen and could it be the cause of the bsods? I've tried running with only one ram stick(tried both sticks each) and still get the error.

Yes, you have found your problem. If the problem happens with either stick then ti's the motherboard that has a problem. Is your laptop under warranty?

-- Andy

unfortunately, no. the one-year warranty expired last month. =( talk about bad timing, huh? I was wondering why I've been getting the bsods seemingly only when I'm webcamming or watching streaming videos, how exactly is the motherboard causing the errors? thank you very much for all the help almcneil, it's good knowing what's causing the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back