Getting Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubble

OK I've had my computer for like 5 months now. It worked fast and just the way I wanted it. But now there is a problem. I have had this computer for like 5 to 7 months, and it's getting really REALLY slow. It took 3 minutes to open up the Computer, and even longer when I tried to open the Control Panel. I don't know whats wrong, I have downloaded only like 4 major things off the internet, and they were all from good sites. I downloaded, Ccleaner, B.S. player, free AVG, and Adobe. And the rest are random things like updates for the video card, and like 9 new campaigns for Left 4 Dead. I don't understand why it's so slow, it takes forever to open up things like the Start menu, and even the files that are on my desktop. I have a Asus P6T motherboard Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz, 6.00 GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 260, hard drive is 500 GB. Vista home premium 64 bit.

Normally I would point towrds your HDD, but I won;t because your system is fairly new.
Try to install, and run this program, it has many awesome utilities that will tweak your system. If the problem persists, we'll look further in depth for a solution, but it should do the trick ;)

I downloaded the thing, it worked fine for a little bit, but now for some reason every time I turn on my computer, AVG says that it's removing Malware. I had to restart my computer 4 times now, and every time I turned it on, it said removing Malware, everything goes fine, AVG says it removed it, but I don't understand why it keeps on appearing over and over again. I don't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back