TechSpot

GF4 Ti & Power Supply question

By farmer
Apr 1, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone here know if the talk I've been hearing about GF4 Ti's needing a minimum of 300 watt's with the power supply is fact or if it is some peoples idea of problems with compatability on certain systems? I went to the Dell and Gateway websites and they offer the 4600 in their systems that are powered by 250 watt supplys. I was hoping to find some facts on this. Also no reviews ever mentioned it.
  2. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

3. uncleel

4. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah TS Rookie Posts: 868

Well you learn something new every day. I didn't know exactly how much power a graphics card uses, but I guess I have a better understanding now. Thanks Uncleel! :)

Guess I'll have to think about the Enermax 431W or whatever it is as a prime choice for my next PSU.
  5. farmer

farmer TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 81

The reason I mentioned the Dell Gateway thing is because I have a Dell 8100 and it seemed relevant. I have what I can afford and try to keep pace with new tech. but am finding out I'm hamstrung by a system that isn't quite what I thought it was. But I still like my games and will still try to upgrade as I can afford too.
  6. uncleel

A PSU is as important, if not more so, than any other component in your system. Many n00bZ were blaming Athlon instability for post problems, system crashes, random crashes/lockups, when in fact they failed to heed (or read) AMD's power supply requirements.

3DS Price Grabber
    www.newegg.com
    ENERMAX EG465P-VE(FM). 431W Power supply $81.00
    Compliant with AMD, Pentium 4 supported
    FedEx Saver Shipping $6.00
  7. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 875

Nice PSU unk..I have it and it was well worth the 89 bucks I paid for it. Very reliable and quiet. I know I'll have it for awhile.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.