GF4MX440 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hve been having a lot of problems with my graphics card. as from the subject line i have a GeForce 4 MX440. If i use the drivers that the card came with the system continually freezes. whereas if i use the new drivers the screen constantly flickers. i have tried heaps but am unable to find any of the drivers that dont do one or the other. i am unable to find one that just works. i have also considered the possibility of a hardware conflict because i updated my motherboard not that long ago. is this a possibility and can you offer any advice.

Originally posted by bundybear84
I hve been having a lot of problems with my graphics card. as from the subject line i have a GeForce 4 MX440. If i use the drivers that the card came with the system continually freezes. whereas if i use the new drivers the screen constantly flickers. i have tried heaps but am unable to find any of the drivers that dont do one or the other. i am unable to find one that just works. i have also considered the possibility of a hardware conflict because i updated my motherboard not that long ago. is this a possibility and can you offer any advice.

Did you uninstall and use a driver removal tool to completely remove your old drivers? Or did you install the new drivers right on top of the old ones? A lot of problems can occur by not properly removing old drivers before updating them.

yeah no i have tried that but it still screws up. any other ideas. do you think that the new msi mainboard would have any issues with the older gf4mx440???? i dont think there should be any problems but i cant think of any other reason

Not too sure in this situation, but check these things:

1) All video card clocks are at default speeds
2) The fan on the card is mounted correctly and is working
3) The mobo drivers are installed correctly and updated.

It's a long shot but if you can make sure to do these things it may help. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back