Gforce 6800 Ultra 256 mb I think Pci

Status
Not open for further replies.
DaTruth said:
Gforce 6800 Ultra 256 mb I think Pci

Well i dont know what your talking about...but the 6800 does not come in PCI. It comes in PCI-E. They are two very different interfaces. (as far as performance)

Sean

Well i just got it

I was jus wondering if it was a good card
CAuse i have bf2 and i wanna know if i should be able to run on full settings

the 6800gt is kickass, but the new gtx7800 is an order of magnitude better. a decent 6600gt should be able to run bf2 with the highest of settings, assuming it had a capable system underneath it.

i have a 3.2 ghz processer pci express hyper threading
ummm 512 ram
and that video card can it run it full?

cause i can't right now do i need to overclock my vid card

IMO For BF2 (espcially when online) you should at least have it 1GB of ram . That would help make the game run alot smoother. ANd what resolution are you trying to turn up the card to. Overclocking the card could bring up the framrate a bit, but it will not help you all that much.

Sean

i agree with the 1gb of ram minimum. i doubt you'll be playing only bf2, as there are plenty of other popular games (such as farcry) that will really use a lot of ram.

I would just wondering if a pci express Radeon x850 xt would run ok on Bf2 on high quality.

take it easy, his question was fine. yes, an ati radeon x850 should run bf2 (among other games) nicely will all the graphics options checked.
anyways i have 512 now how much more ram should i buy
what i'm proposing may seem like a crazy idea, but perhaps you can use mathematics to help you answer the problem. believe it or not, the subtraction nessesary can be quite easy. you see, when someone reccomends 1GB of ram and you have half of that, the equation is as follows:

g - y = how much more to buy

in your case, g is the amount of reccomended ram, and y stands for your current amount. it is set up as follows:

1024MB - 512MB = ? (how much more you need)

i'm a busy man so you'll have to do the math yourself, but at a glance i'd expect it to come to about 512 mb of ram. please remember that this is theoretical and may or may not work out in your case. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back