GFX card problem

TheDevopsGuy

Hi,

Posting for a friend he currently owns a gtx 770 for the past two years and for the past couple of months hes been having problem running dx11 games.We have tested the system together to check exactly what could be causing this issue and its definitely the Graphics card.

Whenever his GPU usage hits 100 on a dx11 game his gpu instantly forces his game to crash.

Now one of the problems this could have come down to is because as for the past two years he has never bothered to fix his gpu fan speed and has been overheating his graphics card for quite some time up until now.

is there anything he can do to fix his graphics card or is his only option to get a new one if he wishes to run dx11 games.Below I have attached a dxdiag report if its of any help

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    62.1 KB · Views: 1
If it were mine, I would replace the thermal paste on the GPU (careful around the thermal pads - some folks have replaced them with sheet copper squares if damaged).....

Then I would do a clean uninstall of nVidia software/drivers and reinstall
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10/~/how-do-I-uninstall-my-nvidia-display-drivers-on-a-microsoft-windows-based-pc?
Card was already cleaned by his pc technician and we already tried several drivers to fix this issue.I just personally contacted nvidia and it seems he just has a bad card.and his warranty is over so its funeral time for his card

Back