Ghost 8.2 boot disc errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning.

I am attempting to create a set of boot discs with Ghost 8.2. In the process of creating the disc there is an option to use PC DOS or MS DOS. If I choose PC DOS the boot disc boots, asks me if the computer was started with a boot disc or boot CD, load the protocal manager and then gives the error 'this program can not be run in DOS mode'. I have tried the same process using MS DOS from a windows 95 boot disc and a windows 98 boot disc instead of PC DOS, only to recieve a different error. Instead of displaying 'this program cannot be run in DOS mode' in hangs after IMB Protocal Manager Version 2.1 is loaded. The worst part is I have 2 sets of boots discs that work just fine, and I do no know how they were created.

Am I missing something simple?

the boot discs are created from Ghost, not windows. Let the program create the discs. They should be then bootable.

Tedster said:
the boot discs are created from Ghost, not windows. Let the program create the discs. They should be then bootable.

I was creating them from Ghost.

Since the original post I discovered that it was not loading the correct network drivers. I replaced them with the drivers from the working set of boot discs and it now functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back