Ghost 8 + image restore

Status
Not open for further replies.
The scenerio is:-

i've got a server with the symantec ghost console, i've got a image, a number of new (never switched on) XP SP2 PC's.

Instead of restoring the image via a dvd, how would i do it over a network? And as these are new PC the first screen is the windows setup, so i would need to somehow prepare them so they can communicate over the network.

doup

I'm not aware of a way to deploy a new install of Windows on all of your computers simulateously using a CD-image, if that is your question. Well, aside from setting up a PXE server.

You can create a bootable ghost diskette with networking support. Here's some more info:
http://ghost.radified.com/ghost_network.htm

Keep in mind that Windows XP requires a unique product code and activation code for each computer and the computers will need to be identical or extremely simliar to work. Also, the image you have must be of one of the computers or a compatible computer and it must be in Ghost format.

Keep in mind that Windows XP requires a unique product code and activation code for each computer and the computers will need to be identical or extremely simliar to work

If you're using a legit WinXP Corporate Edition image/serial then this won't be a problem. Create ghost boot disks/cds/flash drives and connect to your ghost server (not console - you have to be in windows to use that) and distribute your image that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back