GhostTunes is Garth Brooks' new digital music service

By Shawn Knight
Sep 5, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Country music superstar Garth Brooks has made his music available for purchase in a digital format for the first time ever. Instead of signing a licensing deal with an established player like iTunes, Rhapsody or Spotify, the iconic artist has...

Read more
  2. Geforcepat

Geforcepat TS Booster Posts: 141   +15

LOL! What? #hooboy..
  3. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,373   +310

Some nice features, artist freedom, this sounds like it could become pretty big!

Nice to see some innovation in this area :)
  4. m4a4

m4a4 TS Guru Posts: 737   +259

I'm just wondering what pays the people who maintain GhostTunes. I don't see any mention of royalties...
  5. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,620   +504

"offering a digital package that includes all eight of his studio albums, a pre-order for his next two albums as well as the 25th anniversary edition of his “Double Live” album – all for $29.99." And not a single F was given on that day... Somebody finally woke up and smelled what the digital age is cooking, and they smelled profit sure enough.
  6. TheKing

TheKing TS Rookie

Im not going to buy into a service were MAYBE you can download it, MAY have DRM, MAYBE I can buy individual songs. No Thanks.
  7. It's not a service you join like Pandora. It's like itunes. except the artist gets to choose what to offer for purchase. Album only, singles, streaming, whatever. You don't pay for what you don't want.