gigabyte 256mb ati radeon x300se

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkisspartan

im planning on buying the Gigabyte 256mb Ati Radeon x300 SEx for around $55 australian. From what ive researched for this card, ive gotten mixed results. some say that it runs pretty good and others some say it runs pretty crap. so i need your opinions on this card. im not expecting photorealistic graphics for games such as stalker,c&c tribiem and all those new games. I just want something that will run pretty good with medium settings and such. so what do you think about this card?what can you tell me about it?the video card has a 256mb in front of its name as well,does that mean its a 256mb graphics card?9doubt it).

heres the link to the cards specs: http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11907_na/11907_na.HTML

Also, do you think this game would run good with call of duty 2 because i've wanted to play that game for ages. a framerate test wont hurt either :p .

Thanks

We think it is an good card for the money. It will be one of the better cards for some computers. It is not an X1950 by any means, limited in memory. We have seen no consistent problems from it among our clients. As for Call of Duty 2, I cannot say, as it depends partially on which computer configuration you have.You will certainly hear differently from the NVidia addicts.

so in more simplified terms, its a good low budget card worth the price?

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

Yes it is a decent card. However if you are a gamer with a hot machine, it is not enough card.

What are your system specs?

We have a 9600XT card here in my house, and it barely runs COD2 acceptably (and it's better than the X300).

i need to know if this card has 256mb memory because i rang the store and they said it did but dont u think $55 is way to cheap for a 256mb graphics card?

Not unreasonable at all. Sales are down. Inventory is not moving. Take a look at www.tigerdirect.com or other discounters and you will see many good deals under $60... for instance XFV 7300GT 512 MB is $59.99 till noon today... with rebate... and there are others at many sites. It is time to clean house as retaining inventory is expensive.

if its 256mb memory then thats pretty good :) so i should be able to buy this prolly end of this week. thanks raybay your a life saver

I want to be very clear on what I said vs the specs you posted below.
the link to the cards specs: http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/q.../11907_na.HTML
You asked about a 256 MB card. There are some under that model number. I found six just now for under $61.00 US.
However, the HP specs you posted are for a card with 128 MB. You might want to do a Google search for ATI Radeon X300Se and look at your vendors posting to be certain you are getting what you think you are buying.
I hope this does not confuse the issue.

Cod2 May Work

Heres my system core,

ASUS A8N-SLI PREMIUM MOBO
AMD ATHLON64 939 4000 SD CORE
2GB OCZ platinum DDR400 PC3200
VISION TEK ATI X300 SE

I can run COD2 at max texture settings, I am currently playing "S.T.A.L.K.E.R"
And it runs well on medium settings. Medieval total war 2 at max settings. I'd say its a good card, when I OC it. it runs everything I have at max ez, note that I had to change the heatsink to aftermarket HSF, but it runs well stock. This is all on a 19" LCD, so if your display is smaller it might work even better. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back