Gigabyte board model GA-iK1100 rev.2 won`t pick up cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well look i have a gigabyte board model GA-iK1100 rev.2. the only thing i ask is why wont it pik up my chip. it's a P4 1.6Ghz fsb at 400. my board says it supports 800fsb. not sure if it's only for that type. does that have somethin to do with it or is just a bad board.so if anyone can help me please.:(

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`m not sure what you mean by your board won`t pick up the chip.

The fsb should be set to 200mhz, if your trying to set it any higher than that, you`re overclocking the cpu etc.

An fsb of 200mhz=800mhz effective.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

look the cpu is 400 front side bus but my board only says 800 front side bus. my question is can my motherboard suppport a 400 front side bus or do i need a new cpu

and also i mean the board turns on and everything but no pivture comes out and my hardrive wont spin and i know they both work fine.

I can find next to no info on your mobo.

Do you have the mobo manual? This should tell you what cpu`s it supports.

I`ve looked on the Gigabyte site but can`t find anything.

Normally when a mobo says it supports an fsb of 800mhz which is actually 200mhz, it means it will support cpu`s upto that speed. A cpu with an fsb of 400mhz is actually 100mhz fsb. That of course is for intel cpu`s. AMD`s are slightly different.

It is possible the cpu is dead, it`s also possible the mobo has a problem. However, it`s very difficult to be sure.

Can you give us the details of the cpu? Make/Model/Socket etc.

Regards Howard :)

I`ve just found the manual for your mobo, you can get it HERE.

The reason I couldn`t find it before is you`d given us the wrong model number. You gave us GA-iK1100 rev.2. when in fact it`s a GA-8iK1100 rev.2 lol.

As far as I`m aware, it should support your cpu.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back