Gigabyte GA-8INXP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help Needed!!! My Motherboard fried and this is a first for me so I'm unsure what to do next. I shopped around have not been able to find the same motherboard and I have been pointed to many other motherboards but I'm not sure which one is equal to what mine was.

Fried Motherboard was

Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-8INXP (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard ID 12/30/2002-E7205-6A69WG00C-00

Selena

ahh, asus, msi, and gigabyte still make boards of similar caliber. i reccomend finding something based on intel's i865pe chipset

nope. Save your processor, your harddrives, your CD-Rom. save everything cept for the main board. All your data should be fine (unless the fry damaged anything else =(

you will need to reinstall windows once your new board is installed, unless you installed an exact match as a replacement.

I bought a board from Newegg it has the same features as mine. I dont mind having to re install windows and my other programs I just dont want to lose all of my saved games. The only other computer I have to back up my hard drive is my lop top and I'm not sure how to do that.

you can try a repair installation of windows. this basically overwrites your windows operating system files, but does not delete your personal documents or other information stored on your harddrive. you will have to reinstall all of your programs, and you will lose your previous personal windows settings.

to do this, simply boot to the windows 2000/xp CD and when the program detects the current installation of windows, hit "R" when prompted to initiate said repair. just follow the instructions and it will go just like any other windows installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back