Gigabyte GA-8IPE775-G & Corsair

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Specs:

Windows Xp Pro SP2 and latest security patches Pentium 4 3.6
2gb Corsair XMS3200 (4X512MB) 400MHZ CL2
80 Seagate SATA HDD
Nortons Anti Virus with current virus definitions and subscibed until Feb 06

The problem is the pc keeps shutting down and restarting, I have rung Microsoft Tech Support with the error codes and they said it is RAM related, if not the ram itself or RAM configuration.

I have done a memtest on each individual Corsair module I have and no errors in any of them.
Then I did a memtest with running 2X512 modules in Dimm1 and Dimm3 to run at Dual Channel and no problems.
I then run memtest with 3X512 modules in Dimm1/Dimm3 and Dimm4, this runs at Single Channel and once again no problem there.
Then I ran 4X512 modules in all the Dimms at Dual Channel and I get errors.
I removed module from Dimm4 and did test and got error.
Replaced module in Dimm4 and removed module from Dimm2 and no errors!
Swapped ram modules to each different Dimms except Dimm2 and no errors.
This leads me believe that Dimm2 slot on my motherboard is at fault.

Cas settings on RAM that I have tried:
2-3-3-6
3-3-3-8
And bumped voltage to +0.1 and +0.2

I have been in contact with Corsair and they say it is motherboard problem, is there any settings that I can do that I have not already done to try and fix the problem.

Runs rock solid with 1gb/1536gb of RAM, does not 2gb at all

So I am pretty sure that it is the motherboard...

I would like to know how to find and read the minidumps!

Thanx in advance
Gudge

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

Well,
This is not me forte,
When Windows crashes with blue screen, it writes a system event 1001 or 1003 and a minidump to the folder \windows\minidump. Check system event 1001 and 1003 and it has the summary of the blue screen.
Several members study the mini dumps and can tell you the culprit/s.
They ask for 5 or 6 mini dumps to see the trends.
zip them down and attach to post or if too big U/L to a website and
list the url here..
G'Luck

I sorted th e problem out..

I adjusted my ram to run at 333Mhz, and not 400Mhz like it is supposed to and it is running just find, no crashing and runs rock solid!

I will have to wait for G'byte to suplly a BIOS update that will fix the problem..

Thanx anyways SOcRatEs...

Gudge

I could be wrong but I'm not so sure there is a problem. The default RAM frequency shown in the BIOS should be 200Mhz but it's actually running at 400Mhz because it is DDR (DOUBLE data rate). Perhaps you are manually setting it to an unstable level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back