Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 + Gainward 7900GS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly hey all,
this is my first post on these forums :D

What am i looking for...is an answer for my following question:

Just bought a Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 rev 1.0 and a Gainward 7900GS. The system just won't post. I went to a friend, tried to boot with his x1900XTX or something like that ATi card...it all went all...also his MSI SLI mobo managed to post with my video card. Now, i am feeling i am watching a SF movie: all computer components work but not when assambled together. Do you have any ANY idea what could cause this?

PS: Full sys spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 rev 1.0 mobo, 2x1gb ADATA ddr2 667, Gainward 7900GS video card, Spire 500W PSU. Nothing else connected to the mobo atm.

Some motherboards (about 15%, actually) are bad straight from the vendor, so don't be afraid to calling the motherboard manufactuer's tech support.

I'd check every component in ur friend's PC one by one if possible. It would help you isolate the problem to a particular component.

As i told you everything works fine by it self...

My computer without my graphics card works ok...[i get the bios display error ofc], my computer with his graphics card works ok, i see post, comp stays awake, his comp works ok with my graphics card...so there is something weird at the middle!

If it won't post, then the problem is at the beginning, not the middle. My guess... You either have a bad driver, bad graphics card, bad motherboard, or bad memory... or an incorrect install.
Is there a reason why you don't want to contact Gigabyte tech support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back