TechSpot

Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 + Gainward 7900GS problem

By insideru
Feb 7, 2007
  1. Firstly hey all,
    this is my first post on these forums :D

What am i looking for...is an answer for my following question:

Just bought a Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 rev 1.0 and a Gainward 7900GS. The system just won't post. I went to a friend, tried to boot with his x1900XTX or something like that ATi card...it all went all...also his MSI SLI mobo managed to post with my video card. Now, i am feeling i am watching a SF movie: all computer components work but not when assambled together. Do you have any ANY idea what could cause this?

PS: Full sys spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 rev 1.0 mobo, 2x1gb ADATA ddr2 667, Gainward 7900GS video card, Spire 500W PSU. Nothing else connected to the mobo atm.

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Some motherboards (about 15%, actually) are bad straight from the vendor, so don't be afraid to calling the motherboard manufactuer's tech support.

3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

I'd check every component in ur friend's PC one by one if possible. It would help you isolate the problem to a particular component.

4. insideru

insideru TS Rookie Topic Starter

As i told you everything works fine by it self...

My computer without my graphics card works ok...[i get the bios display error ofc], my computer with his graphics card works ok, i see post, comp stays awake, his comp works ok with my graphics card...so there is something weird at the middle!

5. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

If it won't post, then the problem is at the beginning, not the middle. My guess... You either have a bad driver, bad graphics card, bad motherboard, or bad memory... or an incorrect install.
    Is there a reason why you don't want to contact Gigabyte tech support?

6. insideru

insideru TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes, a very big one...they don't have a contact support link on their website :S

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.