Gigabyte K8NF-9 driver for SATA install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built a new system:

Athlon 64 3200+ 939
Mobo : GA-K8NF-9
Seagate 120GB SATA 7200 RPM
GeForce 6600 GT 128MB PCIe

I got a CD with the mobo with drivers on it, but I don't know which ones to put on a floppy for use during the install of XP. I need the SATA drivers, but they are not on the Gigabyte web site for my mobo, and I don't know where to find them, Which do I need???

Thanks in advance
beef

You would have recieved a CD with your gigabyte MoBO, pop that little beastie into a working pc then explore it and go to the bootdrv folder, next click on menu and your option is E - the nvidia drivers,now it will extract to the floppy, then after you begin your install of xp or whatever it will prompt you to install scsi or raid drivers (f6 at prompt)
the only problem im having is that i completely install windows and then when i go to start windows it BSODs me and restarts, really anoying ... if someone cn help me with this ill be really happy :slurp:

ya i have the same problem as you do now, though thanks for the help!
"NTLDR is missing" even though I have completely zero filled my HDD and formatted it using disc wizard, it still gives me that problem. Damn! I would apprecciate help with this as well.

BEEF

a bit of a headache illl say, but hopefully a little time and perserverance will get us thru, if ntldr isnt showing up for you it means your missing system files, how far did your setup of xp go ? mine managed to get all the way thru to the final restart then it BSOD's, does anyone know what is causing this ? im running out of time (curse the nvidia chipset to death!!!)

someone help :bounce:

I just bought a GA-K8NF-9 as well and had similar problems. After trying too many things here's what worked for me. First the problem

Couldn't find the drivers for sata on the cd with the mobo.
Each time I installed Xp it would restart and reboot off the cd instead of the HD (reason it was not detecting the sata HD when booting)

Soln
Get into bios (hit "del" during start up)
Go into "Andvanced BIOS Features" and make certain that "Hard disk" is one of the Boot devices.
Hit esc and now go into "Inegrated Peripherals". Here's the important part. Disable "IDE/SATA RAID function". Save and re-boot. Now the mother board will see the sata port as an IDE and the installation of XP will run as normal. No crazy drives required

Hope this helps dude

I found the problem

Hey Lazybee, Thanks for the reply, I got the problem sorted a while back, turns out it was the floppy disk I had installed the RAID Drivers with, Silly thing hadn't copied it correctly so XP was loading up bung drivers , hence BSOD

Sometimes the problem is where you least expect it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back