Gigabyte's Aero 15 gaming laptop packs lots of power into a slim chassis

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Gigabyte has added a new system to its Aero line of gaming laptops that promises to pack a significant punch in a thin and light footprint that should be a breeze to tote around on a daily basis.

The new Aero 15 features a 15.6-inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080) IPS anti-glare LCD with slim 5mm bezels although there is an option to bump that up to a 4K UHD screen for a bit more coin. Powering the show is Intel’s 7th generation Core i7-7700HQ clocked at 2.8GHz alongside up to 32GB of DDR4 RAM and an Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card with 6GB of memory.

The machine can accommodate up to two M.2 SSDs and has a full complement of connectivity ports including a USB Type-C Thunderbolt 3 port, SD card reader, combo audio jack and more. It also includes 802.11 ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, a Kensington lock slot and a full-size backlit keyboard with your choice of Windows 10 or Windows 10 Pro.

Despite its slim size (14.0 (W) x 9.8 (D) x 0.78 (H) inches and 4.62 pounds), Gigabyte still managed to cram in a 94.2Wh battery that’s reportedly good for up to 10 hours of use between charges (expect that figure to drop when gaming, of course).

The Gigabyte Aero 15 is currently available for $1,899 over on Newegg which includes 16GB of memory and a 512GB solid state drive in your choice of black, green or orange color schemes.

Permalink to story.

I actually quite like that design apart from the wierd triangle on the lid. If I didnt want a bit more processing horsepower id totally use this as a daily driver, minus the asking price being rather much for a gtx 1060.

Damn, I like eveything about it, except the price :/
For that much hardware, its actually not a bad price.

Good thing for us, PC sales are going up as a result of PC gamers, so hardware should become cheaper soon.
Not likely. There's a shortage on parts that will drive them up here soon. So if ppl want cheaper, buy while you can or at least wait for major sales/holidays.

The option to use a 4k screen is pretty pointless with a 1060.

I have a 1070 in my laptop and it tends to give me 30FPS on most high end games and that feels just about playable.

The option to use a 4k screen is pretty pointless with a 1060.

I have a 1070 in my laptop and it tends to give me 30FPS on most high end games and that feels just about playable.
It's not pointless... use 4K in 2D and for movies. Gaming yes you are right, you can't really use 4K in a laptop. 30fps is not playable imho - I think you really need a 1080Ti to get realistic 4K fps. I'd just cop the compromise of gaming in a lower resolution.

Back