Gives that the cables are nto plugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi every one , am using windwos xp sp 2 for 2 computers i just bouth 2 network card ( realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast eathernet ) and i bought 2 cables crossed cable and straight cable ,,, anyways i went to my network places and u creat new home network in both computers and i follow the steps til it gives me it's compelete successfully for both computers

and i went to the network IP and put 192.168.0.1 in the first pc and 192.168.0.2 in the other pc and i restared the pc and also it gives me that is'nt not plugged so any 1 can help ??

Thanks regardes

Always do things step by step.

First, connect the cable and make sure the link light on both network cards turns on (both computers have to be running of course). If there is no link, triple-check that your cabling is OK. If you are sure there are no cable issues, go to network card settings and force the link speed/duplex manually.

After you have a link between the network cards, set the IP configuration and try pinging the other computer. Be sure to turn of any software firewalls.

Only after ping works should you try to set up anything else.

thanks

hi ,,, thanks for the reply

I wanted to tell u that the lights in both computers not turn on i thoguth they only turn on when it's connected

any idea ? or they are not working !!

just fyi: the x.y.z.1 address is normally reserved for the default router address.
there's nothing wrong for two systems to be coupled together with your addresses,
but if you ever add a second NIC and a router, you'll need to change everything.
recomment x.y.z.10 and x.y.z.20 just to simplify later :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back