TechSpot

glad i found you all!!

By larcenynmayhem0
Nov 28, 2006
  1. Hello everyone.
    I am thinking/planning on building a new puter and have found lots of good info here. I looked through the "must read" posts and have yet to stumble on what I'm looking for. However as the proud owner of 2 dead e-machines I wish i would have come here sooner. I was going to use the one of the towers to build from. now it seems the power supplies used by e-machines are crap, so its start from scratch. I realise that building a system isnt as easy as buy a tower, mobo, hard drive, cd/dvd, floppy, sound, video and then stuff the os in the case and your surfing web. but there must be a forum here that lists the basics and how-tos.
    thanks Darren

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello larcenynmayhem0 and welcome to Techspot.

I`m pleased to meet you and hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Thanks.

If you post your question in a new thread in the appropriate forum, you`ll more than likely get lots of help. Please make sure to title your thread descriptively.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. smore9648

smore9648 TS Rookie Posts: 697

Aloha!:hotbounce

4. larcenynmayhem0

larcenynmayhem0 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the welcome howard and smore. I read thruogh the Stickies and was really just hoping to find a thread that could help, maybe a little direction. The guide heading was pretty much what I was looking for though. Best deals compatibilty of components ect. Thanks again guys I'm sure as i am assembling the system new probs will arise and I can start a new thread.
    Darren

5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

First, take a look at this thread HERE.

This article HERE will help you with the actual physical building.

If you want suggestions as to what hardware to get, then the best thing to do, is open a new thread in our Cpu`s Chipsets and Mobo`s forum.

Give your thread a descriptive title such as "Help choosing parts for new computer."

You`ll probably get more suggestions than you can shake a stick at lol.

Hope this helps.

Regards Howard :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.