Glitches with new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznn3rd

I just installed a geforce 7300 gs on my computer, and now while most games I run such as CSS are silk smooth, it keeps glitching for no reason. I turned down video settings but that doesn't help. What is wrong?

Glitching is not always a result of low frames, but rather extreme fluctuations. So turning the settings down can in some cases make the glitches harder and more pronounced. This is especially true when the CPU is more of a bottleneck than the GPU. Also some glitches are actually saves like in HL2 which autosaves very frequently.

hey there

try installing the LATEST drivers from the Nvidia site. The drivers that sufficed for your previous graphics card might not be good enough for your new one...
Hope it works well.

Spyder_1386 :)

Can you be more descriptive by what you mean by "glitching"? I mean, are there visual anomalies/errors or are you just saying the performance is stuttering or has little pauses/freezes and generally un-smooth?

If it's pausing/freezing, it's likely something needs tuning or a background process causing it. If you can provide more system information, such as your cpu, memory, motherboard, operating system (XP or Vista)- or if this is a prebuilt system like an HP or Dell; the model number/make... we can better help you diagnose and fix the issue. :)

If you mean lag then update your drivers from NVIDIA's website. Close any back ground programs, turn down the video and audio settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back