TechSpot

Global Google ad outages potentially cause millions of dollars in losses

By Justin Kahn
Nov 12, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Google's ad service is an important part of the infrastructure of the internet. Many of the best and most trusted news outlets, entertainment sites and others rely on it in order to monetize content. This morning part of Google's ad service,...

Read more

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,558   +2,900

I didn't loose a penny!

I almost wish I could say the Internet was a better place, but I didn't witness the outage.

Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  3. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,310   +56

That's who does it. Almost want to get an iphone and ditch android. God struck them down for serving up all those viruses and adware. It's run like a farse in that no one makes enough money on ads alone like television stations do.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  4. Google isn't the reason you see ads, they just own one of the best ad serving platforms. The reason you see ads is that someone has to pay the writers of content you read on a site. Someone has to pay to maintain the site, and if something breaks, someone needs to be there to fix it. Other people need to be paid to keep the site up to user expectations...note that this site is responsive, which is the standard these days.

Hundreds of thousands of people are employed because banner ads exist. Banner ads are rarely successful on their own, instead, they are one piece of a much larger marketing plan.

5. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,512   +503

Lol you are funny.

Me neither, had no idea until I read this.

What I don't get, is why the site depends on google's adsense it should load the site then googles service, it makes sense?

6. MikeAcker

MikeAcker TS Enthusiast Posts: 30

They want us to cry about this ?

what did hackers cost us recently ? or price collusion on the money exchange in the banking system?

so it cost the merchants some dough . rats to them. it's trivial compared to the corruption and sloppy work them bums foist on the public every minute

7. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,676   +780

Awwwwww ..... those poor advertisers, I'll bet each of them is going to have to step down to the gold Rolex now ..... poor, poor advertisers ......