Gmail Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave8603

For the past 2-3 weeks whenever I try to sign into my gmail account I get an error message saying that there is a server error and "We're sorry, but Gmail is temporarily unavailable. We're currently working to fix the problem -- please try logging in to your account in a few minutes." I have talked to other people and their accounts are fine, I have tried other computers and this still happens and I have tried both Mozilla and IE and no success. No settings have changed on my computer. I emailed gmail help days ago and have still gotten no response. Can anyone help me out? Thank you.

It may seem like a long shot but it could be your computer, of course.

Have you tried logging in to your account from some other computer in another location? You should try it.

If you still can't log in, there is probably an error in your account itself. Some kind of corruption that they may or may not fix any time soon. It's happened before I've read.

If you like, try to create a brand new Gmail account and see if you can get in to it. Then cross your fingers and hope they fix your old one.

Based on problems I've read, I wouldn't trust Gmail right now with critical mail handling. They still have a lot of bugs to work out. Bugs that, more often then not, result in a complete deletion of mail or account data.

Good luck anyway and let us know what happens.

I've tried other computers with other ISP's and I still have the same problem. I got into my account info and my account is still there. I found a way to get to my inbox in basic html format but the standard gmail format doesn't work. Luckily email isn't really important to me in general but I was looking around and saw tons of other people have the same problem as me and they use gmail for important business mail. Google has no live customer support over the phone and only sends automated emails, so unless they fix this themselves I think I'm out of luck. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back