GOOD 478 Socket MOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raffizzz

I'm Looking for an ATX 478 socket MOBO, something good with no problems, and still available out there, anywhere. I have Pentium 2.80 ghz, memory pc3200.

Thank you

ASUS P4P800E-Deluxe. Has all the features... 4xSATA ports, 3 IDE channels, AGP8x, very overclockable bios with PCI/AGP lock etc. Overall a great mobo. It is ASUS' flagship socket 478 motherboard. I used to have one with a P4 2.26 Northwood and I overclocked it all the way up to 2.72 ghz.

the only good motherboards still available for sck 478 are

asus p4c800 series (available new from ebay sellers)
asus p4p800 series (same as above)
asrock p4v88+ (available in online stores new for around £35)
abit IC7 series (the one i have) (ebay sellers)

it took me 6 weeks to find a sck 478 motherboard so if you are not looking to pay the new "retro prices" then you will have to upgrade to sck 775.

hope helps:)

MetalX said:
ASUS P4P800E-Deluxe. Has all the features... 4xSATA ports, 3 IDE channels, AGP8x, very overclockable bios with PCI/AGP lock etc. Overall a great mobo. It is ASUS' flagship socket 478 motherboard. I used to have one with a P4 2.26 Northwood and I overclocked it all the way up to 2.72 ghz.

There's also the P4M800Pro-M478, that's what I used to have, and it oc'd my Celeron from 2.66GHz to 3.1GHz, and I had no problems with it.

I looked at a couple of diffrent mobos p4800e deluxe (not available most places) p4800d-x (read mixed reviews)
Ok, at this time I'm really thinking of upgrading to dual core processer, so I can find a decent Mobo that is available, but at the same time I still have my P 2.8 ghz 478 socket processor sitting at home along with 1.5... gig of pc3200 ddr400 memory. I allready ordered antec p180 case. soon will decide on a good Power Supply most likley antec brand. Any suggestions!!!

How about Intel dual cores? I had a AMD preocessor once long time ago 1.0ghz, I thought preformed faster then likewise Intel P... I looked at intel e6300 and e6400 so far, I need a good combo deal to go with a new system...

you will get a good price on ebay for your unwanted goods. the computer stuff for sck 478 goes for sickeningly high prices there; i guess people dont like to lose an auction:)

Ok people, for now I'm sticking with my current processor and memory, I oredered a ASUS P4S800D-X from newegg, and today I got my antec p180 case, now the only thing that's missing is the power supply. Since I WILL upgrade my system in the near future, I'm looking for something Good, with alot of wattage. So far I've been looking at the Antec trio 550 and 650, any other brands that have good rep, and are good?

got my self an anitec tp 2 550w..works like a charm :D
i'm actually looking to purchase that same mobo u are :) overclock my northwood...right now its at 2.4 >_< i got a pair of dual chan ocz 1gig an AIW X800XT

i like it old school!! nah im just like you savour my agp system!
i'll probably set up a whole new rig within 2 years..but for now i'll stick with my agp :)!
what vcard u running btw?

I just got my Mobo...but no power supply to test it....On ASUS P4S800D-X what are the highlight and downsides of this mobo

Any tips on how to install this MOBO , the only confusing part is the ide led, front case audio input plugs,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back