Good barebones pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wibtr

Anyone know a decent barebones PC I can start with? Just something with the basics like motherboard, power supply, drives, etc.. So I can just add my own memory, hard drive, etc.. I would prefer an AMD 64X2. I was thinking of building my own from scratch, but dont really want to mess around with the more techincal stuff, so I heard a barebones would be a good idea. Any advice?
Or should I just put one together at IBUYPOWER or something?

How much do you want to spend is a better question? Here is a link to a website that has a whole bunch of barebone set ups that are extremely good and have a bunch of motherboard + AMD 64X2 set ups. If you are upgrading for gaming purposes I recommend on getting a motherboard that is SLI ready and a AMD dual core running no less then 2.8GHz. The AMD 64X2 6000 which is pushing 3.0GHz each is a solid set up. Click this link!

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=31&name=Barebone-Kits

We have a lot of happy customers who purchased the SystemMax and other barebones units of TigerDirect. Just be careful you don't get one of the debranded HP, Compaq or eMachines TigerDirect sometimes sells.

2Fast4U said:
Nice!!! I like that one good choice! Now to use SLI you know that the second graphics card you put in must be the exact same you know that it can't be a completely different card right?
I dont even know what SLI means. I'm going to need 2 graphics cards?

You won't NEED 2, but it is an option for increased gaming performance.

Given that you're not sure what it is, I wouldn't worry about it :)

wibtr said:
I dont even know what SLI means. I'm going to need 2 graphics cards?

Just like AMDX2 means you have two processors running at the same time instead of one, SLI means you can run two graphic cards at the same time instead of one. You can run one graphic card on a SLI motherboard but incase you ever want to push your computer to it's full capabilities you will have a motherboard that is capable of handling two graphic cards now instead of one. If you see a motherboard that has the term PCI in it that means you can only run one graphic card instead of two which SLI can.

Thanks for the info. So that comes with a good motherboard? Cause I heard a lot of these barebones cheap out on the mother board, and to watch out for that..

You can search for reviews on these boards, just as you can any others. If there is no information online, avoid the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back