Good Cheap Mouses and Mouse Pads For Sale?

By nosebleedXD
Jun 4, 2008
  1. hi, i've been gaming for 2 years with wax paper as a mouse pad [ LOL ]

the other day, my mouse got caught on the wax paper, went for a hard stroke on my mouse, and the whole wax paper tore off

so basically, im tired of using this dumb wax paper as a mouse pad and im trying to get a good mouse pad and mouse if there is a nice deal on one

a mouse pad that i'm looking for is a plastic surface like a razer exactmat but i find it too pricey

if you guys have any recommendations on sites and such, please let me know

your friendly noob, nosebleedXD​
  2. runescape

runescape TS Rookie Posts: 40

i jsut go to and have a look
  3. nosebleedXD

nosebleedXD TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 233

kinda a bit later i bought a razer copperhead already
    thanks anyways

btw i dont live in uk ROFL
  4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

wax paper? Heck, you can get mouse pads for FREE!
  5. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,383   +105

Quick on your hands not with your wrist!

Forget the wax paper and the free mouse pads! Why bother to use those when you can use the Logitech Marble Mouse.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Very easy to use and it's USB 2.0 optical mouse no bright red LED, to deal with, but it easy to use, might take a while to get use to as your just use your finger to turn the track ball well for the arrow on the screen. It has 4 custom buttons you can program with SetPoint. Cost of this is only $19 bucks. Every system in my mouse uses it. Why bother to move the entire mouse around your table and hurt your wrist? Note this is also for either lefty or righty person.
  6. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,467   +1,760

It's not free but it's reasonable.....

Walmart stocks decent generic mouse pads for $2.99. They don't curl, separate, and wear like iron, Well, at least for non-gamer me. Not free, but for immediate infantile gratification, they'll do the trick.

Circuit City sometimes has really good buys on mice when M$ changes a model or like that, but you need to be patient, and read the ads.

I always toy with the idea of trying a track ball mouse, I thought it might be good for image editing. Maybe? Anybody?
  7. Macgyver56

Macgyver56 TS Member Posts: 21

I use both a trackball and a mouse depending on what I'm doing. I find that the trackball comes up short when I want very precise adjustments. I don't do much image editing, but when I do, I switch over to a mouse. I stick with a trackball for everyday, large-cursor-movements.
  8. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,467   +1,760

Bass Ackwards.....

This is the reverse of what my intuition was telling me. So, this is good insight, thanks much!
  9. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

I totally agree with this, and I work with both frequently. I have a very good optical mouse (Logitech G7) and a very good track ball (Kensington Expert Optical).

Despite using a trackball regularly for years, I still can't use it for precise mousework, at least not as easily and comfortably as I can with a mouse... and gaming is still (mostly) out of the question with it. lol.
  10. nosebleedXD

nosebleedXD TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 233

This has been edited to remove the ridiculously sized image... -- Rick
  11. radnam

radnam TS Rookie Posts: 29

Thats a big image aint it anyways good info on the Mouse as dont get much topics on the same
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.