Good for Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, im new to this website. I just ordered a new computer from cyberpower. Can someone tell me how good these specifications are for gaming.

Intel Core 2 Duo Custom Build Configurator (NO MONITOR)

* *BASE_PRICE: [+639]
* CAS: HOT NEW! X-Discovery Mid-Tower Case 420W W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display (Black Color)
* CASUPGRADE: 12" COLD CATHODE NEON LIGHT [+10] (BLUE COLOR)
* CPU: (Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6400 CPU @ 2.13GHz 1066FSB 2x1MB L2 Cache [+56]
* CD: Sony DWQ-120A 16x Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive [+6] (BLACK COLOR)
* CD2: NONE
* CABLE: Round Cable Upgrade for Hard Drive, Optical Drive & Floppy Drive [+19]
* FLASHMEDIA: None
* FREEBIE_VC: FREE Game of "Half-Life®2: Episode One"
* FAN: INTEL LGA775 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK
* FLOPPY: 1.44 MB FLOPPY DRIVE (BLACK COLOR)
* HDD: 250GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8M Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive -- Recommended [+23]
* HDD2: NONE
* IEEE_CARD: NONE
* KEYBOARD: Logitech Deluxe 104 PS/2 Keyboard (Black Color)
* MOUSE: Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse (BLACK COLOR)
* MODEM: NONE
* MOTHERBOARD: MSI P965 Neo-F P965 Chipset LGA775 Supports Core 2 Duo CPU FSB1066 DDR2/800 Mainboard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio
* MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory [+270] (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)
* MONITOR: NONE
* MONITOR2: NONE
* NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD
* PRINTER: None
* PRINTER_CABLE: None
* PRO_WIRING: None
* PPU: NONE
* POWERSUPPLY: STANDARD CASE POWER SUPPLY
* RAID: NONE
* RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
* SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS 24/7 LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
* SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
* SPEAKERS: Logitech S100 2.0 Stereo Speaker Set (BLACK COLOR)
* TEMP: NONE (AS SHOWN)
* TVRC: None
* UPS: None
* USB: Build-in USB 2.0 Ports
* USBHD: NONE
* VIDEOCAMERA: I-Rocks IR-3230 Webcam with Handfree Microphone & Earphone [+17] (BLACK Color)
* VIDEO: SPECIAL!!! NVIDIA Geforce 7900 GT 256MB 16X PCI Express Video Card [+177]
* VIDEO2: NONE
* WNC: PCI Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps Network Interface Card [+19]
* WAP: NONE
* ZIP: NONE
* _PRICE: (+1236)

Will i have any problems playing any type of games? Is the New Intel Duo 2 Core really 2x 2.13 (4.16) or is it just the same (2.13)? I already bought the comp so i cant really change anything if i have too.

I must say...

That system is pretty good 4 the price.

You should be able to play just about every game on the gaming market with that thing. But, I think AMD processor are a good deal(I dont have one myself), but yours will do just fine.

You might want to think about a different power supply. In general, the psu's that come with cases are crap. The wattage may seem like it is enough, but you need to have the amps to go with it. For this high powered system I would think you would want at least 30 amps on the 12 volt lines. You can either email the company to find out what the psu is or check it out when it arrives.

First off you have a very strong rig there. Cyberpower has had some bad reviews, but I know several people who have had nothing but good relations with them. Guess it is just luck of the draw.

Stick with the core duo. It is an amazing performer compared to just about anything on the market.

If you could upgrade the power supply I would, but if yo uhave a warranty with them I would not chance voiding it to add on yourself.

Sean

So Much Happier!!

Wow... Thankz for your all of your opinions. I just have one other question though. Since i dont have a good power supply, how will that affect me using the computer? Will i be restricted to only using the comp for only a few hours? Will it damage any of the hardware? Thankz again people :)

If your power supply is going to give you problems you could expect to see the computer become unstable under high loads or have problems cold booting (not enough power to spin up all the drives and power everything else).

It shouldn't have any effect on how long you can use the system at once. And it won't damage the hardware unless something is really wrong.

Another thing with lower quality power supplies is they tend to die earlier than decent ones.

Having said all that I imagine yours will be just fine. Its just something to keep in mind if you start seeing problems when you are really pushing the computer.

Because you have a very high performance system, the amperage needed is going to be more than lower end rigs. This puts a need for a high performing power supply. Now most Power Supplies that come with cases are of lower quality.

But if the company you are buying the computer from offers that Power Supply, then there is no need to worry. I would assume that have at least somewhat tested it to insure it will perform well. And if you have a warranty on the whole system, even with the remote chance of a Power Supply failure they will repair/replace whatevever.

edit: oops Looks like sngx answered before me.

I agree about the power supply. Especially if you want to use SLI in the future. Id also get a sound card, at least a Sound Blaster Live Digital. With onboard audio you can have as much as a 10% performance hit during gaming because the CPU has to do the audio processing.

Good To Know!

Thankz people, i never really knew that. But i do have a 3 year warranty and by 2 years ill get to replace some major parts such as the processor, vid card, RAM, power supply, and mother board, so i dont have to worry about the life time. Thankz again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back