Good FREE partition software

Status
Not open for further replies.

me(who else?)

I'm a noob to this kind of thing, so i'm a bit clueless...

What is the best free partition software for NTFS. I tried Partition Magic, but it's a huge hassle to use. I'm hoping for a non-destructive partitioning software.

Note: I'm going to install Fedora Core 1 on the new partition, so I just need to resize my NTFS partition.

Rick is absolutely right.. If you think Partition Magic was difficult to use you had better forget about doing any partitioning at all.

Misunderstanding

I mean that getting it to support NTFS is difficult, not the actual interface. . I have tried some partitioners, but my laptop has no floppy drive at all.

Partition Magic does not work with servers OSes ( in case that's the problem ) . You need Powerquest Volume Manager & it is quite a penny.

I google partition manager find some freeware bellow:

paragon I have not used,no comment!

easeus partition manager
I download from brother soft.it worked OK, but failed when i tried to merge partition. so i have to allocated the free space to another partition. Partition magic may merge two partitions which will cost you $69.95

cute partition manager
download from giveawayoftheday.

Since this got brought back from over 4 years ago, I guess I can modernize it by posting one that has came out since then and is free:

gParted

I brought this question up many moons ago. Partition magic is about the best you'll get. I have yet to run across an open source partioner that's any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back