Good gaming headset to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcatmk2123

Hi, I'm looking to get a gaming headset since my Dad doesnt want a 5.1 surround sound system. I've looked at the Altec Lansing AHS602i which seemed pretty good to me from the reviews and price, but since it isnt actually true 3d sound, I looked at other, "True 5.1 surround sound" like Turtle Beach Ear Force AK-R8 which seem to sound superior based on reviews (cnet and such), but is twice the cost and need their own sound cards which slows down the computer (Crysis my main game now). My question is, anyone had experience with the simulated 3d sound like from the Altec or is the "True 5.1" headphones the only way to go if i want great sounding games despite the high cost and performance hit? Thanks.

Well I think all of those surround sound headsets would be really expensive...I personally just go for a good headset that has good sound and mic output....thats cheap :p

What sort of budget are you looking at? I would personally stay away from gaming headsets. Gaming headsets particularly with surround sound are mostly gimmicks.

You are better off spending the same amount of money buying a nice set of headphones and a cheap microphone separately. This way, you will end up with something of much higher sound quality for the same amount of money paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back