Good or bad for games and future upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I was wondering if this computer would be a good choice for me. I play A LOT of computer games and I want a computer that I can keep for a long time. This will be my first personal computer and I will want to have it for 2 years without upgrading (hopefully) and throughout collage with a few upgrades (Im a junior in high school). All suggestions are welcome!
================
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 2x 3800+ (Duel Core) 64 Bit Socket 939
Motherboard: ASUS A8N-E nForce4
DDR Memory: 2GB PC 3200 DDR400 (2x1GB)
PCI-Express Video Card: ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon x600 256 TV-Tuner (Yay for TV on my comp! :giddy: )
Hard Drive: 250.0GB IBM/Hitachi 7200rpm
CD/DVD Drive: 16X DVD-ROM Drive
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy-2 ZS w/ fire wire
Case: Nikao Black Neon 400W ATX Case w/ Temperature Control

Please let me know if there are any problems with compatibility or anything like that!
Thanks a lot! :giddy:

Everything looks really good for a multi-part gaming and multimedia PC.

My only suggestion would be the videocard. The X600 is fairly weak by today's standards and would be the weakest part of your PC.

Moreover, I'd recommend a dedicated 3D card and separate TV Tuner PCI card. This makes future 3d upgrades more painless as you don't lose your tv/tuner or capture abilities if a new, hot 3d card comes out for future games.

The X600/X600 Pro series is only a 4-pipeline card. This makes it's 3d capabilities close to around a 9600 series, which is very long in the tooth for modern games.

I'd recommend no less than a 6600GT or better, if you can afford it, for a system of that calibre. You should be able to get a 6600GT or X800GT for around $135 on NewEgg. These are 8-pipeline cards.

You can also look at the X800GTO, X800XL/XT or the 6800GT, which are 16-pipeline cards for $180-$250.

A good PCI TV-Tuner will set you back about $45 - $65 for a nice Hauppauge.

I agree with sharkfood on the video card. If it were my system though, I would get a DVD-RW instead of just a DVD-ROM.

wow..very good spec.
i think, you should consider about video card...my suggestion use 6800GT. It suits to your spec. :approve:
or..try x800GTO sapphire...it can be modded to 16 pipeline. The performance will boost just like x850xt. :)

Wow

I posted this last night before i went to bed and I wake up like 7 hours later and there is a response! I love you guys! And thanks so much for the help thats what I really needed.

:grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back