Good processor for good price?

By migmig_11
Jul 17, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hey People! I'm new here... Greets for everyone!

Anyway, I wanna build new system and now I am looking for the best processor to use?

As motherboard I am using Biostar Hi Fi A85W and I wanna put 6 GB DDR3 RAM on it. My graphics card will be my prior GTX 450. what do you guys think? my budget will be 200$
  2. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TechSpot Addict Posts: 879   +170

Well, the best processor you can get is the A10-6800K which will work perfectly with your budget of $200. I believe the CPU is only about $150.00 at most retailers online.
  3. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,678   +868

And with that extra $50, get 8GB of RAM instead of 6GB.
  4. Mellow

Mellow Newcomer, in training

Why did you even get only 6 GB? that sounds very unusual to me :p

anyway, the recommended processor might be a nice choice, but I am not sure of the use of the old graphics card then.
  5. TechGamer

TechGamer TechSpot Booster Posts: 407   +34

wouldnt the a10-5800k be better the difference between them is 5% in performance and its a 20$ cut u could just push the performance by buying higher ram speeds I belive correct me if im wrong
  6. Blkfx1

Faster RAM will not make the a10-5800k the better chip. That 5% performance difference will probably not change with faster RAM. Sure, maybe in some applications the user may benefit from faster RAM. But, for the most part, when RAM is concerned. It's usually better to have more RAM then Faster RAM. The 20$ difference doesn't really justify picking the 5800K over the 6800K when the budget is $200.00
    misor likes this.
  7. TechGamer

[​IMG]

it wont make it a faster chip it just would balance it it still wont be able to compete with the a10-6800k with the same amount of ram and ram speed but with the extra 20$ he might pick better ram for the pc
    misor likes this.
  8. Blkfx1

That graph doesn't necessarily support your argument TechGamer. Buying a 5800K and pairing it with fast RAM will not make it a better option. RAM doesn't increase performance in that respect. Faster ram usually offers very diminishing returns when compared to their slower counter parts once you go past 1866Mhz. The 6800K is the best best bang for his buck right now. The 20 dollars he saves wouldn't justify going down to the 5800K.

Plus, OP requested us provide him with the best CPU you can use. And, that's exactly what the 6800K is.
    misor and TechGamer like this.
  9. TechGamer

point taken didnt even take notice that he said the best cpu available for his budget youve got the floor my friend ive messed up :)
  10. Blkfx1

You didn't mess up. It just makes sense to grab the better chip if his budget allows. Now, if his budget was a little tighter and we were trying to free up cash. Then, your suggestions would have been a good idea. But, OP asked for best chip for his build. So, the A10-6800k makes the most sense.
    TechGamer likes this.
  11. BHZ-GTR

BHZ-GTR Newcomer, in training

AMD A10-6800K Unlock Multiplier And IGPU Series 8000- 8670D It Run At 800 MHZ . 32 Nm fabrication ,

12. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,678   +868

The A10 750K is actually a better deal than the 6800K/5800K. It lacks the integrated graphics (it is basically a 5800K with no GPU), but it can play all games at high settings with competitive frame rates to something like an i5 (with a good dedicated GPU). It comes to market at $85 and runs on the same socket as the 5800K and 6800K.
    TechGamer and GhostRyder like this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.