Good Programming books!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deki

Hi does anyone knows any god and detailed programming books for win32 api, and visual basic and game programming for beginners!!I bought few books but they all assume that I know win API confusing message handling!!I can program in c/c++ . I need really detailed and well written textbook, if it exsist!Any help would be appreciated.

I have book for Visual Basic 6 ( not ebook) : Visual basic step by step from Michael Halvorson. Good book for begginers and professionals.

I would recommend you stick with VB and game programming before you try to tackle the Windows API itself. Win32 API is very ugly and you should try to use pretty wrappers instead of the real thing whenever you can.

Any reason why you're going from c++ to VB? Most people I know go the opposite way..
Granted, it does give a bit easier access to the api, but it isn't that hairy in c++...

And i'd take a look at the books listed in this list on Amazon...

Hi, the reason I'm trying to jump to VB because most jobs require VB knowledge and other development programs, and none of them even care that I'm proficient in c/c++, so I dont know what to do, except grab the best book and learn quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back