Google addresses top 10 myths associated with Glass

By Shawn Knight
Mar 21, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. In a recent post on Google+, the Glass team addressed the top 10 myths related to the futuristic augmented reality visor in an effort to simply "clear the air." Privacy concerning Glass is no doubt a hot topic as evident...

Read more
  2. johnnico

johnnico TS Rookie

I see nothing wrong with wearing google glass...I also see nothing wrong with someone punching someone wearing them......
    SalaSSin and FLWrd like this.
  3. Amen to that brother...
  4. I see nothing wrong with filing assault charges against people who punch Google Glass uses without provocation. Also, nothing wrong with suing for property damages should the glasses get damaged. Have fun spending thousands of dollars on lawyers and expensive technology that you won't even get to use.
    SalaSSin likes this.
  5. People will always fear new technology , its just how we are, in 10 years everyone will be wearing them and we can be scared of a whole new device
  6. Right because we should always hit people when we dont understand them or something theyre doing
    youre a smart fella
  7. Just because the introduction of a technology, that looks vaguely similar, in the past hasn't caused major problems, doesn't mean a new technology won't cause them. Google Glass has been designed to be the camera that hand-held cameras and mobile phones can't be: always on, no operation required.

If they are defending it, it's because they know it's wrong.
  8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,341   +1,939

That should be fine, it's not as though you'll damage their lenses or anything. 'Glass' is a misnomer, they should be called Google Frames or something along those lines. Maybe it's just me but I thought spectacles were supposed to have lenses.
  9. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,600   +411

The image in the article is just one of many:
  10. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,114   +1,377

That's a good one. Did you mean 20th? :)
  11. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,157   +195

if the device invented/sold by George Eastman in 1885 lead some people to believe that privacy had ended, then it is late 19th century.
    source: wikipedia
  12. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,341   +1,939

HOW MUCH??? :eek::oops: I don't know why Google has anything to do with the frames in the 1st place apart from mimicking Apple by robbing you blind, why don't they just design a universal module that clips onto the wearers existing frames?